Three complaints will be discussed during the May 15 Holley-Navarre System board of directors. Following are the three complaints in their entirety. The meeting starts at 6 p.m. and takes place at the HNWS board room, located at 8574 Turkey Bluff Road.
I, Doug Larson, as Secretary for HNWS Inc. due forth bring cause for removal as President and Director of the HNWS Board of Directors against James Calkins.
Under the HNWS bylaws, Articles of Incorporation and Florida Statutes I charge Mr. Calkins as president of the HNWS Inc. board of directors has failed in his duties to the members for the following reasons:
Failure to approve meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Dec 15th 2017 Special meeting of the members
- Dec 19th 2017 Pre-board meeting of the members
- Dec 19th 2017 Regular board meeting of the members
- Dec 27th 2017 Confidential meeting
Failure to carry out his duties by removing the above cited meeting minutes needing approval from the March 20th 2018 Meeting of the members
Failure to notify the Secretary in writing of what the claimed discrepancies in the meeting minutes are so they can be corrected and approved.
Failure in his duties to call a special board meeting of the members as requested by the board on Mar 23rd 2018.
Failure in his duties to call a special board meeting of the members as requested by the board on Mar 27th 2018
Removing board agreed upon items from the agendas
Interfering with the duties of the Secretary by asking Torin Brand to alter the public video recording of the Mar 20th 2018 Meeting of the members before it was approved by the board.
Making false and misleading statements to the members and public about the Mar 20th 2018 Meeting of the members
Attempting to rig a board seat appointment over the objections of the rest of the board of directors and the members in attendance.
Intimidating the staff of HNWS and TCHC using title of authority.
Making misleading statements to the press as a representative of HNWS Inc’s seat to the Fairpoint board.
Interfering with staff operations of assigning offices after it was decided by the board in the Feb 20th meeting that was the job of the General Manager.
I am requesting a special meeting of the members for the purpose of removing the following board members: James Calkins, President; Ricki Desantis, Treasurer; Geo Mayer, Board Member; and Debbie Roach Gunnoe, Secretary. It is my belief that if these board members continue, irreparable harm will be done to Holley Navarre Water System (HNWS) and its affiliate corporations. This is a member owned organization and should be managed by a board of directors who have the members interests at the forefront of their actions. It appears that these board members are incapable of acting in the members or HNWS’s best interests and are only on the board to serve their own interests.
1. These board members did conspire to fire the General Manager of The Club at Hidden Creek (a wholly owned subsidiary of Holley Navarre Water System, Inc.), who was under contract in order to hire a personal friend of board member Geo Mayer.
2. These board members did collude and conspire to develop a contract for Mr. John Childs that would cost The Club at Hidden Creek and Holley Navarre Water System hundreds of thousands of dollar and give Mr. Childs the ability to purchase the golf course at his will.
3. These board members did collude and conspire to vote to hire Mr. John Childs without any job opening, without any job posting, without any application process, without interviewing any other qualified applicants, without consulting or informing the Chairman of the Personnel Committee.
4. These board members have cause a suit to be brought by Mr. Jim Morgan that could cost the members of Holley Navarre Water System hundreds of thousands of dollars.
5. By giving Mr. Childs the ultimate ability purchase the Club at Hidden Creek these board members plan to misappropriate property owned by the members of Holley Navarre Water System, Inc.
6. These board members have harassed the employees of Holley Navarre Water System, Inc and its affiliate entities which has a detrimental effect on their operations.
7. These board members did lie to the general membership on April 24, 2018 when asked by the members present of their actions to fire Mr. Jim Morgan and vote to hire Mr. John Childs. It is my belief that Mr. John Childs should be present at this meeting and determine his exact involvement in these potentially illegal activities and should evidence be produced that any illegal act took place in these negotiations the proper authorities should be notified and charges brought. These charges are filed pursuant to Article VIII, section 6, of the Holley Navarre Water System, Inc. by laws.
I am requesting a special meeting of the members for the purpose of removing the following board members:
James Calkins, President
Ricki Desantis, Treasurer
Geo Mayer, Board Member
Debbie Roach Gunnoe, Secretary
It is my belief that these board members continue irreparable harm will be done to Holley Navarre Water System (HNWS) and its affiliate corporations. This is a member owned organization and should be managed by people who have the members interests at the forefront of their actions. It appears that these board members are incapable of acting in the members or HNWS’s best interests and are only on the board to serve their own interests.
Addition should the petitions exceed 50% +1 of the membership:
This meeting will also be for the purpose of amending the corporate bylaws and articles of incorporation of Holley Navarre Water System. To remove the requirements of proxy voting and create a true election process.
Attached you will find member signed and dated petitions and proxy forms which exceed the requirements under Article VII, Section 2 of the 1986 bylaws (in the case of required signatures exceeding 50%- Article X of the Articles of Incorporation) of Holley Navarre Water System.