Santa Rosa County Commissioners during their June 27 meeting approved nearly $50,000 to fund signage and façade improvements for 11 business owners in Santa Rosa County.
- $4,500 to Carpenter Insurance – Navarre
- $4,900 to Medical Services of NW FL – Navarre
- $5,000 to Navarre Beach Laundry – Navarre
- $2,875 to Copper ‘Possum – East Milton
- $5,000 to Milton Quality Bakery – Milton
- $5,000 to Chips 24-hour Health and Racquet Club – Gulf Breeze
- $5,000 to NAPA Auto Parts – Gulf Breeze
- $5,000 to Duramed Southeast – Jay
- $5,000 to Endless Delights – Jay
- $3,500 to Newberry Enterprises – Jay
- $3,500 to Scott’s – Jay
In January, the BOCC authorized implementation of the StRIVE grant program, designed to provide funding to upgrade the appearance of property, increase property value, and stimulate economic activity within Santa Rosa County.
The initial application cycle closed April 30th, and a total of 30 applications were received from 15 business owners, requesting over $93,000 for signage and façade improvements.
BOCC Chairman, Sam Parker stated, “This is our way of showing local businesses that we support them, and that we are glad they have their businesses in Santa Rosa County.”
Examples of eligible improvements include new or replacement awnings, parking improvements, and exterior painting.
A second application cycle will open in the fall. For more information, visit www.santarosaedo.com/strive.