UPDATE: Information on Escambia/Santa Rosa/Okaloosa/Walton Court Closures
State Courts in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties will be closed at noon on Tuesday, October 9 and will remain closed on Wednesday, October 10. Any further decisions regarding court operations on Thursday, October 11, will be announced as soon as possible.
- Traffic Citation hearings in Division IV (Judge Frydrychowicz) set for October 10 at 1:30 p.m. are rescheduled for November 14 at 1 p.m.
- Docket day for Division A (Judge Pitre) set for October 10 is rescheduled for October 16 at 9 a.m.
- Juvenile delinquency arraignments (Judge Allen) set for October 10 are rescheduled for October 17 at 8:30 a.m.
- First Appearance hearings/Shelter hearings/Detention hearings will be held at the Juvenile Justice Center, 1800 St. Mary Avenue, at 8 a.m. on October 10.
- County court arraignments/traffic matters in Division I (Judge Williams) set for October 10 at 8:30 are reset for Thursday, October 11 at 8:30 a.m.
- Child support hearings scheduled for October 10 will be rescheduled for January 8, 2019.
- Domestic Violence hearings set for October 10 before Judge Nobles will be held Thursday, October 11.
Santa Rosa County:
- First Appearances set for October 10will be held at 7:30 a.m. at the Santa Rosa County Jail.
- Any Detention or Shelter hearings set for October 10 will be conducted in Escambia County in conjunction with the Escambia County hearings
- Domestic Violence Injunction hearings set for October 10 are rescheduled to October 17.
- VOP hearings before Judge Hilliard set for October 9 are rescheduled to October 24 at 2:30 p.m.
- Misdemeanor arraignments set before Judge Giraud on October 9are rescheduled to October 30 at 1 p.m.
- VOP hearings before Judge Giraud set for October 10are rescheduled to October 31 at 8:30 a.m.
- Docket day before Judge Giraud set for October 10is rescheduled to October 17 at 1:30 p.m.
- The truancy docket before Judge Ross Goodman set for October 10 is rescheduled to November 7 at 3 p.m.
- Criminal Motion hearings before Judge Rimmer set for October 10are rescheduled to October 15.
- Judge Mason’s plea day (scheduled for October 9 at 1:30 p.m.) is rescheduled for October 23.
- Judge Brown’s Tuesday criminal pre-trial hearings (scheduled for October 9) with incarcerated defendants that are represented by Regional Conflict Counsel or the Public Defender are rescheduled to docket day on October 17.
- First Appearance hearings/Shelter hearings/Detention hearings will be held at the Okaloosa County Courthouse Annex Extension by video on October 10 at 7:30 a.m.
- All hearings set for the Walton County Courthouse Annex in Santa Rosa Beach on October 10 are rescheduled for October 26 at the same times originally scheduled.
- Cases scheduled on the Domestic Violence court docket for Judge Lewis on Wednesday, October 10 are rescheduled for Wednesday, October 17 at 8:30 a.m.
- All misdemeanor and traffic infraction hearings set for Thursday, October 11, have been rescheduled for October 25 at the same times originally scheduled.
For further updates, please follow the First Circuit at https://twitter.com/1stCircuitFL or @1stCircuitFL. Information is also available on our website at www.firstjudicialcircuit.org.