Next week Santa Rosa County Commissioners could set a November 1 deadline for 400 beach leaseholders who have yet to amend their leases to take advantage of a retroactive $250 lease fee cap.
Commissioners made the $250 cap retroactive to November 1, 2014, but so far only 1,000 of the 1,400 beach leases have been amended.
County Attorney Roy Andrews in an August 17 memo to commissioners said that has made it difficult for the county’s finance and legal departments to collect past due lease fees.
Andrews suggested commissioners consider imposing the deadline for retroactivity, else leaseholders would only receive the $250 cap from the date of amendment.
Other matters on next week’s county commission agenda include:
- Navarre Chamber Foundation’s request to waive pier fees October 1 and 2 to coincide with Take a Kid Fishing and the Navarre Fishing Rodeo;
- Potential projects related to restoration of Santa Rosa Sound for RESTORE “Pot 3” funding (a separate story will be posted soon detailing this agenda item);
- Staff authorization to apply for a BearWise Grant in the amount of $150,000 with a 100 percent matching contribution from the Environmental Department Enterprise Fund for a total budget of $300,000;
- Contract to Bill Smith Electric, Inc. in the amount of $199,735.00 for Navarre Beach Wellhouse No. 2 Electrical Upgrades;
- Paved road and drainage maintenance for Holley Hills, a 55-lot subdivision located on the north side of Randall Drive off Five Forks Road;
- Staff approval to proceed with abatements at 5928 East Bay Blvd., Gulf Breeze, 5363 Pecos Pass and 1201 Ramblewood Dr;
- Using Capital Fund monies for installation of a $18,885 natural gas stand-by generator for the Clerk of the Court facilities at the courthouse by White Sands Electric, Inc.;
- Awarding $29,374.23 to Pensacola Concrete Construction for stormwater pipe lining work adjacent to 9872 Andrew Court in Navarre;
- Cancellation of August 25, 2016 Rezoning Meeting due to no items scheduled for consideration.
The Monday committee meeting, for discussion of agenda items, and Thursday regular meeting for related decisions start at 9 a.m. at the County Administrative Complex, located at 6495 Caroline Street in Milton. Citizens may address the commission at either meeting.
Meetings can be viewed live or played back via http://www.santarosa.fl.gov//bocc/BOCC_Calendar/
Supporting documents and the full agenda can be accessed via https://www.santarosa.fl.gov/agendas/backupdocs/Backup-1970-1.pdf