Need funding to promote your local event? The Santa Rosa County Tourist Development Office (TDO) local marketing funding program opens March 5.
The intent of the grant program is to provide funding assistance for events that affect overnight visitors to Santa Rosa County impacting commercial lodging industry, hotels, campgrounds, condominiums, as well as restaurants, retail establishments and other businesses.
Grant applications and instructions are available at www.santarosa.fl.gov. Completed applications must be received at the Santa Rosa County Tourist Development Office, 8543 Navarre Parkway, Navarre FL 32566 by 4:30 p.m. on May 4.
For questions or assistance, contact Nicole Dees, tourism information specialist, 850-981-8900.
To be considered for funding the following criteria must be established:
1. Each application must be submitted with a signed Certification and Compliance page
2. Event must take place in fiscal year 2018/19 and be open to the public
3. The event must have the potential to bring or have had past history of bringing out of town visitors
4. Applicant must provide a marketing/promotions plan and detailed budget for event.
5. Advertising and marketing must occur 90% out-of-market (i.e. outside of Santa Rosa)
6. Applicant must provide a detailed budget and post event profit and loss statement
7. The event must use commercial lodging establishments within Santa Rosa County
8. Maximum number of recommended years for a grant for one event is three (3) unless the TDC BOD, Tourist Development Director, and SRC BOCC recommend continuation with additional years. It is goal that the events become self-sustaining and build partnerships and/or corporate sponsorships
9. The recommended maximum request is not to exceed $5,000.
10. Each applicant cannot be awarded more than requested but may receive less than requested.
Approved project funding will be announced May 17 and reimbursed after event occurs and expenses are documented and verified.