Report: Woman threatened with guns

Posted on April 13, 2017 by Mat Pellegrino

A Navarre man who allegedly broke a woman’s nose and later pointed two guns at her head stating she was going to “die tonight” was arrested on April 9 after a motorist called 9-1-1 to report he saw the suspect assaulting the woman inside of a pickup truck.
The suspect, 19-year-old Wyatt Hardwicke, was apprehended shortly after the complaint last Sunday and charged with Aggravated Assault With a Weapon Without Intent to Kill, Battery, Battery by Strangulation, Aggravated Battery, Kidnapping — False Imprisonment and Obstructing Justice and placed behind bars at Santa Rosa County Jail.
According to the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office arrest report, a deputy was dispatched to a disturbance call at the corner of Sunrise Drive and Flintwood Street in Navarre at around 6:34 p.m. last Sunday night after a motorist reported seeing a man in a white four-door lifted truck punching a woman repeatedly in her face to a point where she was bleeding from her nose and mouth.
A deputy responded to the area, but was unable to locate the pickup truck. The LEO later received a separate call at 9:43 p.m. in reference to a disturbance at a residence on Yorkwood Street in Navarre.
Upon arriving at the residence, the deputy noticed a white four-door lifted truck in the driveway of the residence that matched the description from the complaint made earlier in the night.
While at the residence, the deputy made contact with Hardwicke who had bruising on his knuckles and scratches on his neck, the report stated. After observing the markings, the deputy handcuffed the suspect, who refused to speak with law enforcement.
The deputy later made contact with the victim who stated that the initial confrontation between the two started earlier that night at a restaurant in Navarre. She alleged that Hardwicke hit her in the face in the parking lot of the restaurant with a closed fist.
She stated that after the alleged battery, the two left the parking lot in a truck and headed towards their home on Yorkwood Street.
According to the report, while the two were in the truck on Sunrise Drive (near the intersection of the original complaint that was made earlier that night) Hardwicke “became angry” and removed the keys from the ignition of the truck. The victim told authorities that after removing the keys, the suspect began striking her in the face and body multiple times with a closed fist. The victim allegedly suffered a broken nose from the punches, the report indicated.
The victim said that after the alleged assault she exited the vehicle and Hardwicke drove away in the truck.
The victim later returned to her home on Yorkwood Street and while at the residence, the suspect began to strike her “multiple times”, according to the report. The report also indicated that Hardwicke choked the victim to a point where she “could not breathe” and to a point where she felt like she was going to pass out.
After choking the victim, Hardwicke held two firearms to the victim’s head and stated “You are going to die tonight”, the victim’s account in the report stated.
The victim alleged that the suspect broke two phones she had on her that she was using to call 9-1-1. She also told law enforcement that Hardwicke held her against her will inside of the home as she tried to leave the residence.
The report indicated that several bruises were spotted on the victim and that she had several areas on her body that were swelled up.
Based on the victim’s statement, Hardwicke was transported to Santa Rosa County Jail and slapped with the five felonies and given a $32,000 bond, which he posted Tuesday.
According to the Santa Rosa County Jail View website, Hardwicke has no prior arrests in Santa Rosa County.