Sacred Heart Health System continues its schedule of free flu shots during December for adults ages 18 and older.
Everyone 6 months and older is recommended for annual influenza vaccination, with rare exceptions, according to the Centers for Disease Control. It is also recommended that pregnant women and people with chronic health conditions get the vaccination. It’s important to get the vaccination early to allow for antibodies to build up – before the flu begins to spread in a community.
The free flu shots will be provided at locations in Pensacola, Cantonment and Navarre. Following is the schedule for December:
- Dec 1 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at New Birth Baptist Church, 1610 N. “Q” St., Pensacola.
- Dec 4 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Cantonment Senior Center, 132 Mintz Lane, Cantonment.
- Dec 5 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Ebonwood Senior Center, 3511 W. Scott St., Pensacola.
- Dec 6 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Betty Pullum YMCA, 2379 Pawnee Dr., Navarre.
- Dec 11 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at EH Pullum Senior Center, 8476 Gordon Goodin Lane, Navarre.
- Dec 12 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at Alfred-Washburn Center, 31 Murphy Lane, Pensacola.
- Dec 13 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Marie Young Community Center, 6405 Wagner St., Pensacola.
For more information about Sacred Heart’s ”Mission in Motion” community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.