Sacred Heart Health System continues its schedule of free flu shots during November for adults ages 18 and older. Everyone 6 months and older is recommended for annual influenza vaccination, with rare exceptions, according to the Centers for Disease Control. It is also recommended that pregnant women and people with chronic health conditions get the vaccination. It’s important to get the vaccination early to allow for antibodies to build up – before the flu begins to spread in a community.
The free flu shots will be provided at locations in Pensacola, Milton and Gulf Breeze. Following is the schedule for November:
- Nov. 1 from 9 to 11:30 a.m., St. Ann Catholic Church, 100 Daniel St., Gulf Breeze.
- Nov. 3 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Greater Bethlehem AME Church, 5299 Richburg St., Milton.
- Nov. 6 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Nativity of Our Lord Catholic Church, 9945 Hillview Dr., Pensacola.
- Nov. 7 from 7:30 to 10 a.m. at Loaves & Fishes, 257 E. Lee St., Pensacola.
- Nov. 8 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church, 3200 N. 12th Ave., Pensacola.
- Nov. 13 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 6451 Park Ave., Milton.
- Nov. 14 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit, 10650 Gulf Beach Hwy., Pensacola.
- Nov. 15 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Medical Clinic, 131 W. Intendencia St., Pensacola.
- Nov. 27 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Wesley Scott Place, 3300 W. Scott St., Pensacola.
- Nov. 29 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Warrington United Methodist Church, 301 E. Winthrop Ave., Pensacola.
For more information about Sacred Heart’s ”Mission in Motion” community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.