As of 6 a.m. Wednesday, a search remains underway for an Airman who exited a C-130 aircraft November 5, 2019 over the Gulf of Mexico approximately 4 miles south of Hurlburt Field.
The incident is ongoing and under investigation.
Search and recovery crews were immediately called to aid in locating the Airman from
the 24th Special Operations Wing at Hurlburt Field at approximately 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Units participating in the efforts include:
– 24th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field Air Force Base
– 1st Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field Air Force Base
– Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin Helicopter aircrew
– Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile HC-144 Ocean Sentry aircrew
– Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile MH-60 Jayhawk aircrew
– Two Coast Guard Station Destin 45-foot Response Boat-Medium boat crews
– 96th Test Wing, Eglin Air Force Base
– U.S. Army 7th Special Forces Group, Duke Field
– Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office
– Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission